CORBEL Catalogue of Services
Why do we need a Catalogue of Services?
Currently there are 13 biological and medical sciences Research Infrastructures (RIs) in Europe, all of them working jointly together in CORBEL towards offering shared services for life-science.
All RIs offer services, i.e. researchers from academia and industry can access their facilities, technologies and expertise. Services can simply be consultation, access to experts, but also access to data and biological samples, use of data analysis tools, access to facilities (e.g. highly specialised microscopes) plus support from technicians and much more.
The CORBEL Catalogue of Services is the first tool to list the main services of all these RIs at a glance and it aims to facilitate the utilisation of RI services by researchers from all over the world.
The Catalogue of Services as displayed below aims to provide you a basic overview on existing services within distinct thematic fields.
You can either use the Catalogue of Services to identify a single RI to help you with your work or you can create your own CORBEL service pipelines, i.e. using several RIs subsequently.
Examples of service pipelines are provided here.
>> In order to improve the catalogue, we kindly ask you to fill in a short feedback form.
What’s your need?
Data & Databases
Technologies & Facilities
- accreditated/certified facilities (ISO certified, GLP, GMP, GCP)
- adaptation / development of assays (compounds etc.)
- adaptation / development of assays (human/non-human samples)
- high-throughput screening
- imaging (biological)
- imaging (medical)
- isolation / cultivation / characterisation of microorganisms
- -omics technology platforms
- plant phenotyping technologies/facilities
- production of high quality protein samples
- structural biology technologies/software
Models & Tools
Expertise & Support
- biomarker validation
- biosecurity / biosafety (incl. regulatory) issues
- data management expertise
- development of project towards a medical application
- ethical / legal issues, informed consent
- innovation management support
- mouse model generation, phenotyping and cryopreservation
- multinational clinical trial (establishment / management / monitoring)
- outbreak / emergency response / epidemiology
- support to submit a project proposal
- systems biology expertise
- training courses
- The following RIs offer complementary services:
BBMRI-ERIC is a research infrastructure of biobanks and biomolecular resources. Our main goal is to provide expertise and services, advancing the use of European sample collections and its data for the benefit of human health. Our activities are on a non-economic basis and primarily intended for our member countries.
BBMRI-ERIC delivers services to their member states in 3 different areas: IT, Quality Management and ELSI
- Key IT Services
- Directory (collecting information about biobanks and their sample/data collections)
- Negotiator (facilitating communication between researchers requesting samples/data
- Bibbox (toolbox for biobanks, open-source software)
- MIABIS 2.0 (Community standard for sharing information about biobanks)
- Key Quality Management Services
- QM consultancy programmes, including a Self Assesment tool
- Key ELSI Services
- practical interpretation of new legislations
- ethics check of ELSI compliance for research proposals
- ELSI help-desk Services
Why to work with us
Contact person(s): Anne-Charlotte Fauvel
EATRIS supports researchers in translating their findings into novel interventions including preventive, diagnostic or therapeutic products up to clinical proof of concept. The infrastructure comprises over 90 leading research institutions in the translational field located in 13 countries across Europe. EATRIS also supports the validation and development of novel tools for precision medicine and translational research in drug development. By providing access to accredited facilities as well as market-oriented expertise, including innovation management, regulatory and health-technology assessment, your validation needs are covered in a one-stop shop.
Services offered by EATRIS include
- support funding applications (Identification of partners for consortium building, assessment of the project plan's impact and innovation potential)
- translational research facilities and expertise for development of novel biomarkers, diagnostics and therapeutics
- molecular, functional & hybrid imaging technologies, preclinical models, samples, patient cohorts, GMP manufacturing
- regulatory and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) expertise
- advice on intellectual property issues and industry partnering strategy (innovation management)
Why to work with us
ECRIN is a pan-European distributed infrastructure that links scientific partners and networks across Europe to facilitate multinational clinical research. ECRIN provides sponsors and investigators with support for the development and implementation of multinational trials.
Services offered by ECRIN include
- information and advice for funding applications and preparation of multinational clinical trials (methodology, operational aspects, regulatory, ethics, contracting...)
- trial management operations (interaction with competent authorities & ethics committees, project management, monitoring, vigilance, data management)
- clinical trial tools (outcome measures, regulatory database, site locations, risk-based monitoring)
Why to work with us
Please note: Most of the RIs are constantly developing their portfolio of services, so if you do not find the service/tool you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact the RI and ask for it!