CORBEL Catalogue of Services
Why do we need a Catalogue of Services?
Currently there are 13 biological and medical sciences Research Infrastructures (RIs) in Europe, all of them working jointly together in CORBEL towards offering shared services for life-science.
All RIs offer services, i.e. researchers from academia and industry can access their facilities, technologies and expertise. Services can simply be consultation, access to experts, but also access to data and biological samples, use of data analysis tools, access to facilities (e.g. highly specialised microscopes) plus support from technicians and much more.
The CORBEL Catalogue of Services is the first tool to list the main services of all these RIs at a glance and it aims to facilitate the utilisation of RI services by researchers from all over the world.
The Catalogue of Services as displayed below aims to provide you a basic overview on existing services within distinct thematic fields.
You can either use the Catalogue of Services to identify a single RI to help you with your work or you can create your own CORBEL service pipelines, i.e. using several RIs subsequently.
Examples of service pipelines are provided here.
>> In order to improve the catalogue, we kindly ask you to fill in a short feedback form.
What’s your need?
Data & Databases
Technologies & Facilities
- accreditated/certified facilities (ISO certified, GLP, GMP, GCP)
- adaptation / development of assays (compounds etc.)
- adaptation / development of assays (human/non-human samples)
- high-throughput screening
- imaging (biological)
- imaging (medical)
- isolation / cultivation / characterisation of microorganisms
- -omics technology platforms
- plant phenotyping technologies/facilities
- production of high quality protein samples
- structural biology technologies/software
Models & Tools
Expertise & Support
- biomarker validation
- biosecurity / biosafety (incl. regulatory) issues
- data management expertise
- development of project towards a medical application
- ethical / legal issues, informed consent
- innovation management support
- mouse model generation, phenotyping and cryopreservation
- multinational clinical trial (establishment / management / monitoring)
- outbreak / emergency response / epidemiology
- support to submit a project proposal
- systems biology expertise
- training courses
- The following RIs offer complementary services:
Contact person(s): info(at)embrc.eu
The European Marine Biological Research Centre (EMBRC-ERIC) is a Research Infrastructure including 29 Operators across 9 different European countries. EMBRC is dedicated for marine biology and ecology research. EMBRC offers to the scientific community, academic institutions and private companies a comprehensive set of services to study marine organisms and to give access to ecosystems. EMBRC is providing local or remote access to state-of-the-art national facilities such as renowned marine biological stations.
The EMBRC service offer includes
- access to ecosystems: coastal research vessels, scientific diving facilities, submersibles (ROV/AUV), in-situ sampling facilities and monitoring equipment, field stations
- marine biological resources (micro & macro, alive & fixed, wild & cultivated): biobanks, culture collections (algae, bacteria, zooplankton... within RCC, MOLA, PCC, MCCV), marine model organisms, sampling upon request
- experimental facilities: aquaria & mesocosms, wet and dry laboratories, climate rooms, field experiment
- technology platforms: aquaculture, biological analysis, imaging, molecular biology and ‘omics, remote sensing and telemetry, structural and chemical analysis, other
- e-Infrastructure, data & services: data, data analysis tools and softwares, computing and storage infrastructure, bioinformatics and data management services
- supporting facilities: in-house lodging, in-house catering (administrative restaurant), workspaces (e.g. offices, conference and meeting rooms with videoconference system), training facilities, lab spaces (wet laboratories, aquariums with different volumes capacities)
Why to work with us
Please note: Most of the RIs are constantly developing their portfolio of services, so if you do not find the service/tool you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact the RI and ask for it!