CORBEL Catalogue of Services
Why do we need a Catalogue of Services?
Currently there are 13 biological and medical sciences Research Infrastructures (RIs) in Europe, all of them working jointly together in CORBEL towards offering shared services for life-science.
All RIs offer services, i.e. researchers from academia and industry can access their facilities, technologies and expertise. Services can simply be consultation, access to experts, but also access to data and biological samples, use of data analysis tools, access to facilities (e.g. highly specialised microscopes) plus support from technicians and much more.
The CORBEL Catalogue of Services is the first tool to list the main services of all these RIs at a glance and it aims to facilitate the utilisation of RI services by researchers from all over the world.
The Catalogue of Services as displayed below aims to provide you a basic overview on existing services within distinct thematic fields.
You can either use the Catalogue of Services to identify a single RI to help you with your work or you can create your own CORBEL service pipelines, i.e. using several RIs subsequently.
Examples of service pipelines are provided here.
>> In order to improve the catalogue, we kindly ask you to fill in a short feedback form.
What’s your need?
Data & Databases
Technologies & Facilities
- accreditated/certified facilities (ISO certified, GLP, GMP, GCP)
- adaptation / development of assays (compounds etc.)
- adaptation / development of assays (human/non-human samples)
- high-throughput screening
- imaging (biological)
- imaging (medical)
- isolation / cultivation / characterisation of microorganisms
- -omics technology platforms
- plant phenotyping technologies/facilities
- production of high quality protein samples
- structural biology technologies/software
Models & Tools
Expertise & Support
- assessment of projects' impact and innovation potential
- biomarker validation
- biosecurity / biosafety (incl. regulatory) issues
- data management expertise
- development of project towards a medical application
- ethical / legal issues, informed consent
- mouse model generation, phenotyping and cryopreservation
- multinational clinical trial (establishment / management / monitoring)
- outbreak / emergency response / epidemiology
- support to submit a project proposal
- systems biology expertise
- training courses
- The following RIs offer complementary services:
Contact person(s): INFRAFRONTIER Scientific User Support
INFRAFRONTIER is the European research infrastructure for the development, phenotyping, archiving and distribution of model mammalian genomes. It is formed by more than 25 research centres in 14 European countries and Canada. In INFRAFRONTIER these partners join forces to commonly advance the basic understanding of human health and disease using mouse and rodent models.
Services offered by INFRAFRONTIER include
- archiving and distribution of scientifically valuable mutant mouse strains
- rodent model development (mouse and rat) using gene targeting in embryonic ES-cells or CRISPR/CAS9 technologies
- systemic phenotyping of mutant mice for a whole-organism view on gene function
- germ-free (axenic) mice
- validated genetically engineered mouse models of cancer
- access to comprehensinve expertise and training
Why to work with us
Please note: Most of the RIs are constantly developing their portfolio of services, so if you do not find the service/tool you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact the RI and ask for it!