Review of applications
All CORBEL applications will go through two stages of review: first a scientific review conducted by two external reviewers with a broad and interdisciplinary scientific background, then a technical review conducted by the service providers requested by the applicant.
Only projects with positive technical evaluation for access to several service providers from at least two different research infrastructures will be selected.
During the reviews, the application will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
1) Scientific review
- Significance/importance of the project in the context of international research and standards
in the field
- Scientific quality of the research and study concept
- Benefit for applicant in terms of accessing multiple research infrastructures
- Impact of project on field of science, economy and society
2) Technical review
- Feasibility of the project to be successfully conducted at the service providers
- Availability of required technologies and expertise at the service providers
- Availability of possible required supporting laboratory or animal facilities for the project
- Technical ability of the applicant to conduct the planned experiments, or the possibility to acquire
the required skills in the time frame of the proposed project
- Necessity to conduct the research at the requested service providers (or could the applicant
conduct the work at another service provider that would be more qualified for the specified
Note: The standardized guidelines for scientific reviewers, service providers and moderators can be downloaded here.
The review process will be moderated by the CORBEL Open Call project managers, and the application will remain strictly confidential throughout the review process. Applicants will be informed about the decision within 6 – 8 weeks after the deadline of the Open Call has passed.